Monday 20 April 2015

15 Things you may not know about me

This month FITMOM is celebrating 15 years of working with, and supporting women through the biggest transition of their lives - motherhood! To mark this important Anniversary, I thought I would share fifteen things about me that you may not know:


  1. I was born in at the beginning of the seventies, just in time to still be able to fashionably wear bell bottom jeans in my youth.
  2. I am a middle child, with two sisters. My sisters and I have very different personalities, but their influence has helped shape who I am today. We weren't always fond of each other as kids, but they are two of my closest friends now.
  3. I consider my mom to be one of the strongest women I know and I'm very close to her.
  4. I rarely do laundry (don't worry, it gets done, just not by me!).
  5. I love all things organized and have my own label maker. Organization makes me happy.
  6. My father died of heart disease when I was 21. He had a quadruple bypass when he was the same age I am now. This is why fitness and healthy living are extremely important to me.
  7. I said I would change my name when I got married, but I got cold feet and kept my maiden name. However, I didn't get cold feet and still got married! We will celebrate 19 years of marriage in a few months!
  8. I'm an accountant (formerly CMA, now CPA) and while I left the corporate finance world almost five years ago to run FITMOM, I still adore spreadsheets and will look for any opportunity to create one to analyze something.
  9. My nearly 13 year old daughter has me wrapped around her finger. She's so affectionate, kind and happy that it's hard to believe she would ever do something wrong!
  10. I met my very best friend in Brownies when we were 7 years old. I love her like a sister.
  11. Although I don't consider myself creative at all (I can't draw a stick person), my passion is taking photos and making albums. It takes me about an hour to complete a two page spread in an album! Needless to say, it's always work in progress.
  12. My son reminds me so much of my dad in so many ways. He also has a strong resemblance to me and a very similar personality to me. I feel lucky that he rarely gives me anything big to worry about.
  13. I have no rhythm and find anything choreographed a HUGE challenge (think aerobics, line dancing, kick boxing)!
  14. My dad taught me how to barbecue, make an omelet and cook in a wok. I have his omelet pan and wok, but I bought my own barbecue!
  15. When I took over FITMOM almost 5 years ago, I COMPLETELY underestimated the impact it would have on my life. Aside from the decision to get married and the decision to start a family of my own, buying FITMOM was THE BEST decision I've made in my life. It has made me a better person, wife, mom, sister, daughter and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment