Monday 4 March 2013

And the Winner Is...


I'm sure I've left you all in suspense long enough!  I'm ready to give out some Lululemon love:)

Thanks to everyone who participated and helped me Spread Some Love in February!  

Katherine S. (from the FITMOM and Baby Thursday class) is the winner of the Lululemon Giftcard, but all of the participants are winners, since they've all had an extra class added to their session!

I have to admit, when I first advertised this promotion, I was hoping to increase traffic to my FITMOM Ottawa Facebook page so that others would also hear about FITMOM. But, it actually helped me to get to know my clients a little better. Given all of the grumbling I (sometimes) hear in class, I was somewhat surprised to learn your top 5 favourite exercises:

Burpies, lunges and wall sits (mainly from the prenatal population!) were tied for the third favourite exercise. Squats were second. The favourite exercise? Given the population I work with, this shouldn't be a big surprise:  

PLANK!!
The surprise? It was the favourite by a long shot!

What I wasn't necessarily expecting was all of the love you shared back! I enjoyed reading the exercises you liked and why:
  • Squats - they burn, but the payoff is great!
  • Lunges - they make me feel strong and challenge my endurance
  • Wall Sit - for 90 seconds, it's just you, your concentration and that wall!
  • Plank/Sprints - it reminds me of my high school basketball practice suicide drills!
  • Windsprints - they get my heart rate up and make me feel strong and powerful!
  • Burpies - they are such a good full body workout
  • Pelvic Tilts - because they come at the end of the class!
  • Lunge Pyramids - they come with a 3 day burn that only means good things!
  • Wall Sit - it definitely prepared me for labour!
  • Plank - anything that targets abs is high on my list
But some of you went the extra mile and also told me why you love FITMOM. It was so wonderful to read these comments and feel like I am making a difference in your lives. So, thank you for your hard work, dedication and positive attitudes. I feel privileged that you choose to spend week after week with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment